Four England players nominated for ICC 2021 awards - Barmy Army Menu
Stu Forster/Getty Images Sport

Four England players nominated for ICC 2021 awards

It may not have ended the way we hoped it would but last year was an action-packed one for English cricket and some of our standout players have been nominated for the ICC Awards 2021.

Tammy Beaumont, Jos Buttler, Joe Root, and Nat Sciver have all been shortlisted for awards – and fans will get a chance to have their say.

The voting is now open, with the fan vote making up 10% and that of the Voting Academy making up the other 90%.

The winners of the Women’s awards will be announced on Sunday the 23rd of January with the winners of the Men’s awards announced the following day.

Click here to cast your vote.

Julian Finney/Getty Images Sport

On the back of scoring the third-most Test runs in a calendar year ever (1708), Root features alongside Pakistan seamer Shaheen Afridi, Pakistan wicketkeeper-batter Mohammad Rizwan, and New Zealand batter Kane Williamson on the four-strong shortlist for the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy for ICC Men’s Cricketer of the Year.

He has also been nominated for the ICC Men’s Test Cricketer of the Year, with New Zealand quick Kyle Jamieson, Sri Lanka batter Dimuth Karunaratne, and India spinner Ravi Ashwin his competition.

Francois Nel/Getty Images Sport

After some stunning innings in the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup, Buttler has been nominated for the ICC Men’s T20I Cricketer of the Year alongside Sri Lanka spinner Wanindu Hasaranga, Australian all-rounder Mitchell Marsh, and Pakistan wicketkeeper-batter Mohammad Rizwan.

Christopher Lee/Getty Images Sport

Tammy Beaumont has been rewarded for her majestic year – which included finishing with more runs than any other women’s player – with three nominations, including a place alongside South Africa batter Lizelle Lee, India batter Smriti Mandhana, and Ireland all-rounder Gaby Lewis on the shortlist for the Rachael Heyhoe Flint Trophy for ICC Women’s Cricketer of the Year.

Beaumont has also been nominated for the ICC Women’s ODI Cricketer of the Year with South Africa batter Lizelle Lee, West Indies all-rounder Hayley Matthews, and Pakistan seamer Fatima Sana her competition.

James Chance/Getty Images Sport

England have two representatives on the shortlist for the ICC Women’s T20I Cricketer of the Year with Beaumont named alongside the exceptional Nat Sciver – who scored 153 runs (including a 24-ball 50) and took 10 wickets in 9 matches – India batter Smriti Mandhana, and Ireland all-rounder Gaby Lewis.

Let’s get behind all four nominees and ensure they can scoop the awards!